Thursday, October 1, 2009

Catching up!!!

I just spent the past 45 minutes or so catching up with two of the coolest people! First I tried calling my friend Sam but got her voicemail. I hate leaving messages (but I hate when people don't leave me a message...go figure) so I hung up and tried calling another friend.

I called Steve's cousin Cheryl, who moved with her husband, Mitch, to Portland in June. She answered and I said 'Hi" and she said "Can I help you?" Then I remembered that I had recently changed my phone number and she didn't know who I was. We laughed about that, but now she has my number. We talked for about 15 minutes catching up. We hadn't talked since they moved to P******d (That place is a swear word for me, sorry about typing it earlier).

Then I was about to turn off my phone when I got a call. It was my really good friend, Samatha (I know it's spelled wrong, I did that on purpose. That's my nickname for her). We talked for about 30 minutes, it was sooooo good to catch up with her. Steve is always telling me how much he likes Sam, which I have to agree. I noticed tonight, after hanging up with Sam, that every time I talk to her I get a huge grin on my face. Sam is just one of the sweetest people I know. I have said for years that if my whole family died I would want Sam's family, the Parker family, to adopt me. I know that I may be too old to be adopted but I would just become a part of their family. Her parents are awesome and so are her siblings. Ryan has been a really good friend to my younger sister, Missee, when she really needed a friend. Breanna has always been a sweetheart. I love Debbie (her mom) and her cute accent. Tex is an awesome home teacher to my family and he has been there for me when I needed a blessing to get through some really hard times, Ammon helped him with the blessing and he's an awesome guy. I don't know Jonathan and Michael as well as the rest of the family, but since their Parkers they have to be awesome!

I am so blessed to have so many good and loyal friends. Those people who stood by me through my miscarriage, Steve's hospitalization, and other hard times in my life.

The best of friends are the ones who make you smile, when you really need to smile, lend you a shoulder to cry on and treat you as if you are family.

Thanks Sam and Cheryl for being true friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment