Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Too many interests....so little time (and talent)

Steve and I just finished watching "Ultimate Cake Off" tonight on TLC. It's a show where three teams of cake decorators make a cake in 9 hours. Tonight they had to make a cake for Ringling Brother's Barnum and Bailey Circus, it had to have all elements of the circus, and be at least 5 feet tall. It was so much fun to watch and see the different types of cakes the teams made. I really wish that I was that artistic that I could make awesome cakes like that.

I also love watching "Ace of Cakes" and seeing the cakes they make. Duff is hilarious and very talented. I want a Charm City cake, but don't want to pay the minimum $1,000 they require for their cakes and I can't go to Baltimore to pick it up and Utah is too far for them to deliver. :(

I've also been finding many blogs dedicated to photography (Sarah's Photography page and another photography page I found) I have a digital camera that is good but probably not good enough to become a photographer. My cute Sony Cyber-shot is a 12.1 megapixel, which was one of the highest megapixel point and shoot cameras I found in my price range. I really would like to have a camera where I can change lenses and actually have more professional looking pictures.

In Steve's family I am the party camerawoman. Since I almost always take my camera with me everywhere I go I can use it to get pictures of someone blowing out candles on their cake, or opening presents. I love taking nature pictures and pictures of weddings, but I'm nowhere close to being able to do this as a side job. Luckily since I've gone to many weddings recently and seen the different photographers styles I have many ideas for if I do ever do it professionally. In one picture at my sister-in-law's wedding she was holding her dad's wallet with credit cards and money fanned out in front and giving her dad a kiss on the cheek while he had a surprised look on his face. It turned out really cute.

There are so many things that I would love to do but unfortunately I don't think I have the talent for even half of my interests. When I was younger I wanted to be an actress (not anymore with the way Hollywood is), a mom (still trying on that one), a writer (still love to write and maybe one day I'll actually finish a whole book), a singer (only in the shower) and a princess (unless Steve's a prince and never told me I don't think that I'll ever be a princess).

Oh yeah! I remember when I was in second grade my teacher (Mrs. Yeck) asked us to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a picture of me being rich and living in a mansion. That's what I wanted to be, rich. But if you looked at the picture you could see not only myself looking out the window but different people looking out most of the windows. I wanted to be rich and live in a mansion so I could have homeless people live with me. Ahhh, to be a child again and be so sweet and innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment