Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy 94th Birthday Grandma!!!

If my Grandma Maurer was still alive today (she died January 1, 2002) she would have been turning 94 years old today! I miss her and still think of her often. When I had my endowments taken out I did it on her 91st birthday (if she had been alive of course). I had some temple clothes that had been hers so I felt very close to her that day. I have two "grandma blankets" that I don't let anyone, not even my husband, use. One was the blanket that was on my grandma's bed at her house when she died. Shortly after she died we went to her house to take things to remember her by and I took her blanket and then later I got another of her blankets from my mom. I feel closer to her when I use them. They are a comfort to me. I really miss my grandma and wish my husband could have met her. She was an awesome, talented, loving, wonderful, beautiful person who I love a lot.

Happy birthday Grandma! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. you are lucky you got to take things from grandmas some of us didn't get anything..

    it's all good we all have our memories.. and i did have her as a grandmother for 43 years.

    ReplyDelete