Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am such a horrible blogger!

Hunter swimming in Jackson Lake, Wyoming.
I haven't posted anything for so long, I feel horrible. I've had a lot to write about but I would forget when I got home from work or got onto my computer.
We had Hunter for a four-week period starting on July 16th. We picked him up that morning and the drive to Driggs, Idaho to stay with Steve's sister - Carrie, and her family for the night. My mother-in-law and father-in-law came up shortly after we got there and the my sister-in-law Lisa and her husband Cody got there a few hours later. I always have so much fun going to their house to visit. Because of the full house (and only one guest room which my mother-in-law and father-in-law slept in) we slept in the unfinished basement on the floor. Luckily my parents gave Steve and I air mattresses for Christmas so we didn't have to sleep on the hard cement floor.
The next day we went to Coulter Bay campgrounds in the Grand Teton National Park. Dale, Barbara (Steve's parents), Steve, Hunter and I got a two room cabin to stay in. Lisa and Cody, Brad and Camille, and Carrie and her boys (Daniel, William and James) all got their own tent cabins. Every night we sat around the campfire and had dinner and dessert and then would go to bed. One day we went to a Native American Museum at Coulter Bay and they have all these old items from the Native Americans who previoulsy lived in the area. They had clothing (the baby moccassins were adorable), weapons, jewelry. They also had a Native American artist there selling items. It was a Lokotan woman from South Dakota who brought her father's painting (beautiful, but I couldn't part with the money to buy one since they were all over $100) and handmade jewelry. There was one item that caught my eye. I have a thing for dragonflies - not totally sure what started it but I love them, I also love the color purple. Can you see where I'm going? She had made a beautiful purple beaded necklace with a dragonfly on it. I had to buy it and it was only $20!
We had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave when we did, but I had to return to work on Tuesday, so we packed up and left on Monday afternoon. Hopefully next year we can stay as long as everyone else did.
Pops with all his grandkids Willie, James, Hunter and Daniel.
Gramee and Pops with all their grandkids. Pops is holding James and Gramee is holding Willie. Hunter is behind Daniel.
Barbara and Dale wading in the COLD Jackson Lake
Hunter decided to join Gramee and Pops for a swim.
This is the "beach" of Jackson Lake. You have to wear shoes on the beach and in the water or these rocks will hurt your feet.
Willie getting something to eat from mommy.
Uncle Steve holding James
Wondering how you can have eight month old twin boys camping? Bring a prison a makeshift playpen for them to play in. My mother-in-law thought of this since a normal playpen would be too small.
James wants to get out of the playpen. Doesn't he have a cute smile?
Uncle Brad helping Daniel play on the Tent Cabin beams.
Standing on Jackson Beach, this was my view of the Teton Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment