Saturday, July 12, 2008

A little bit about me......




Since this is my first post I thought I would introduce myself. I am Raegan, wife to Steven, step-mother to Hunter (5 years old),

and owner to Splenda (pure white cat) and Sweet Pea (Russian Blue cat).


My husband and I currently live in Bountiful Utah and are planning to move to Ogden in October to be closer to his son. I work in South Jordan for a health insurance company. The commute is not going to be fun this October when I have a drive of over an hour. Taking public transit is going to make it even worse, it'll take closer to two hours.
Steve and I have no children of our own, and not for a lack of trying either. I used to hear people say they "suffered" a miscarriage, but I didn't know it was literal. Steve and I found out I was pregnant the Thursday that they had the viewing for President Hinckley (Prophet of the LDS church www.lds.org). Then when I was about 11 weeks pregnant I woke up bleeding really badly so I went to the ER.
At the ER I continued to bleed and then I found out what suffered a miscarriage really means. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through, and I would never wish it on anyone, even my worst enemy. I felt like I had done something wrong, or that there was some problem with my body that would make having a baby almost impossible. Those two fears were put to rest pretty quickly when my OB/GYN said there was nothing wrong with my body to cause the miscarriage and then when my father-in-law gave me a blessing he said that there was nothing that I had done wrong to cause the miscarriage.
So....Steve and I are continuing to try and hopefully have baby news soon.
Feel free to ask me almost anything you want. If you want to know more about my religion (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) please visit www.lds.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment