Monday, August 23, 2021

I give up!

 Just got a notice that we are having an increase in rent starting October 1st. An extra $100 a month. With my checks being a lot less without overtime (almost 50% more than I take home now) and paying for Steve's Medicare (out of his SSDI check) I don't know how we are going to afford it. BUT, we can't find a place (almost anywhere else) that has the amount of space we currently have and pay less than $1,000 a month! 


Then, I saw on Facebook that an actor I really LOVE is coming to FanX this year (Salt Lake's version of Comic Con) and that makes it so there are 2 actors I really want to see, but there is no way I can afford the ticket to even get in the door. 


Steve and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary (around the time of FanX coincidentally) and we wanted to go to Las Vegas to celebrate (we honeymooned there almost 15 years ago and have wanted to go back) and we can't even afford the gas to drive down there. 


I am actually thinking about looking for a second job... Somewhere I can work from home, or not in a retail or working with customers (I HATE RETAIL!!!). 


We don't qualify for any assistance since I am "paid too much" (After I pay insurance, taxes and repaying my 401K loan I take home a little over 1/4 of what I gross for the payday). 


I GIVE UP! I no longer want to be an adult and am wanting to move home with my parents and have them deal with all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment