Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cartoons......what happened?

When I was growing up we had awesome cartoons (some of these may be older than I am, but I still watched them when I was younger so I'm adding them to the list). Smurfs, Looney Tunes, Tailspin, Gummi Bears, Scooby Doo Where are you? Thundercats, Transformers, Jem, Ducktales, Inspector Gadget, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Felix the Cat, He-Man and She-Ra, etc.

What has happened recently? I am channel surfing and will often stop on the Cartoon Network to see what's on and they have the stupidest cartoons on there now! (Sorry if you like any of these) Adventure Time????? Sponge Bob Square Pants????? Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja, The Amazing World of Gumball? Regular Show, Fish Hooks, etc.

Cartoons used to be more entertaining and less weird. They were quality animation and not the crap that is airing now. I wish the kids now could have grown up with the quality cartoons I grew up with. They usually had a moral to the story that was pretty obvious and did it in an entertaining way.

I can't wait to see what cartoons will be like when my nieces and nephews and step son have kids (insert sarcasm font here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment